My name is Przemysław Jagodzik and I am PhD student in Biotechnology/Biochemistry at Adam Mickiewicz Univeristy in Poznań, Poland. My research interests focuses on molecular mechanisms controlling plant development and stress responses.
- Currently I am working on providing a large body of new and original data about functional importance of AtDeg2
by a holistic approach allowing to discriminate between individual roles of protease and chaperone activities
in controlling the course of growth and development processes at various levels of plant body organization,
including molecular, subcellular, organ and whole plant level.
I use the following techniques in my research:
- DNA cloning,
- site-directed mutagenesis,
- bacterial transformation (Esherichia coli),
- overexpression in E. coli,
- recombinant proteins extraction and purification,
- in vitro analysis of recombinant proteins activity,
- Agrobacterium mediated plant transformation (Arabidopsis thaliana),
- isolation and transfection of protoplasts from A. thaliana leaf mesophyll tissue and suspension cultures for transient expression assays,
- DNA/RNA isolation,
- agarose electrophoresis,
- extraction of DNA from agarose gels,
- affinity chromatography,
- Western Blot,
- diagonal 2D (D2D) SDS-PAGE,
- electroelution of proteins from polyacrylamide gels,
- Coomassie and silver staining,
- quantitative densitometry of proteins,
- isolation and lysis of chloroplasts.
PUBLICATIONS AND CONFERENCE REPORTS
- Jagodzik P, Luciński R, Misztal L, Jackowski G. Two approaches confirm that chloroplast protease AtDeg2 is able to inhibit aggregation of denatured proteins. IV International Conference on Research and Education Poznań, Poland, 6-8.04.2017. 2016:
- Jagodzik P, Luciński R, Misztal L, Jackowski G. The importance of a proteolytically active serine and PDZ domains for chaperone activity of chloroplast protease AtDeg2. 2nd Congress of Polish Biochemistry, Cell biology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics BIO 2016 “Expanding beyond the limits”. Wrocław, Poland, 13-16.09.2016.
- Jackowski G, Jagodzik P, Luciński R, Misztal L. Two PDZ domains are required for the chaperone activity of chloroplast protease AtDeg2. The 17th International Congress on Photosynthesis Research. Maastricht, The Netherlands, 7-12.08.2016.
- Jagodzik P, Luciński R, Misztal L, Jackowski G. The involvement of the active site S268 in the protease and chaperone activity of chloroplast protein AtDeg2. Plant Biology Europe EPSO/FESPB 2016 Congress. Prague, Czech Republic, 26-30.06.2016.
- Jagodzik P, Luciński R, Misztal L, Jackowski G. Udział indywidualnych domen chloroplastowego białka AtDeg2 w jego aktywności opiekuńczej. 57. Zjazd PTB „Botanika - tradycja i nowoczesność”. Lublin, Poland, 26-30.06.2016.
- Jagodzik P, Luciński R, Misztal L, Jackowski G. The contribution of individual domains of chloroplast protease AtDeg2 to its chaperone activity. Plant Proteases: from roles in life and death to understanding regulation and action. Oxford, UK, 10-12.04.2016. 2014:
- Jagodzik P, Misztal L, Jackowski G. Obtainment of Esherichia coli strains overexpressing eight versions of Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplast protease/chaperone AtDeg2. 7th International Conference of PhD Students of Szczecin University, Biology Panel “Biodiversity at all levels of life”. Szczecin, Poland, 17.10.2014.
- Jagodzik P, Ludwików A, Jackowski G. Introduction of mutated version of AtDEG2 gene into destination vector for studies on functional significance of AtDeg2 chloroplast protease/chaperone. 1st Congress of the Polish Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biophysics and Bioinformatics BIO 2014. Warszawa, Poland, 9-12.09.2014.
- Jagodzik P, Adamiec M, Jackowski G. AtDeg2 - a chloroplast protein with dual protease/chaperone activity. Acta Soc Bot Pol 83(3):169–174. http://dx.doi.org/10.5586/asbp.2014.018. 9.07.2014.
- Jagodzik P., Ludwików A., Misztal L., Jackowski G. Uzyskanie sześciu wariantów genu kodującego chloroplastową proteazę AtDeg2 i ich wklonowanie do wektora wejściowego. 3th Scientific-Didactic Conference of the Faculty of Biology of the Adam Mickiewicz University. Poznań, Poland, 10-12.04.2014. 2011:
- Ludwików A, Piechalak A, Małecka A, Szabat M, Jagodzik P, Górska A, Ziółkowski P, Sadowski J. Protein phosphatases: signalling hubs integrating plant stress response 2th Scientific-Didactic Conference of the Faculty of Biology of the Adam Mickiewicz University. Poznań, Poland, 5-7.04.2011.
- Ludwików A, Kubiak P, Szabat M, Górska A, Jagodzik P, Ziółkowski P, Cieśla A, Czaczyk K, Sadowski J. Signal transduction by protein degradation – a new function of protein phosphatases 2C clade A in Arabidopsis. FEBS Workshop, Plant Organellar Signaling, From Algae to Higher Plants. Primosten, Croatia, 31.08-3.09.2011.